Thursday, as I walked into Lauren's classroom to get her to go home, she was looking really pitiful. Ms. Lillian, the afternoon teacher, told me that Lauren was bitten that day at school. Lauren immediately showed me where her booboo was. She was bitten on the hand. Ms. Lillian said that she was changing another child's diaper when she saw the "other child" bite Lauren because Lauren had something the "other child" wanted. The daycare's policy on biting at Lauren's age is that they will not tell the victim's parent who did it nor tell the other child's parent who was bitten. At that age, I really don't care who it was because I know that for some children it is their way of expressing frustration. I am very proud of Lauren for not hitting or biting back. Here is a picture of the wound....Poor baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment